This week, we are learning ways to become smart and safe users of the Internet with a new online program called 'Be Internet Awesome'. The Be Internet Awesome curriculum is a collaboration between Google and the Internet Keep Safe Coalition (iKeepSafe.org). To make the most of the Internet, kids need to be prepared to make smart decisions. This program teaches youth the fundamentals of digital citizenship and safety so they can explore the online world with confidence.
There are five fundamental topics of digital safety and citizenship form the Internet Code of Awesome:
- Share with Care (Be Internet Smart)
- Don’t Fall for Fake (Be Internet Alert)
- Secure Your Secrets (Be Internet Strong)
- It’s Cool to Be Kind (Be Internet Kind)
- When in Doubt, Talk It Out (Be Internet Brave)
Students have also signed the OCSI Chromebook User Agreement form and have put it in their homework folders to bring home tonight. Please sign the agreement and have your child return it to school tomorrow!
Grade 5 Blog